January 20, 2007

Mission Inn Riverside Wedding Photography

Today I had the honor of documenting Kristen and Matt's wedding which took place at the historical Mission Inn, Riverside.

I decided to process these images in grainy black and white to accentuate the romantic feel of this truly uniqe venue. When I'm here it feels like I'm in a different country.


The Mission Inn showcases amazing architecture, ornate details, and everywhere you turn there's a gorgeous background for pictures! The place naturally sparks romance in everyone and you can see in the images that Kristen and Matt are no exception.

Click on any image to view it larger and to see the intricate details in architecture.



* edit: Ok I couldn't resist, I'm adding this one color image of the rotunda - I felt I wasn't doing the Mission Inn justice without including a picture of their incredible staircase. Be sure to click on this image to see it large so you can check out the details!

Mission Inn wedding pictures, Riverside wedding photographer, Riverside County professional photographers, Mission Inn Riverside wedding photos, historic Mission Inn

16 comments:

Shannon said...

you definitely accomplished giving these images the feel of a different country... i can't believe they are in RIVERSIDE of all places! Wow! Great pp choices. My favorite is the 2nd to last one-- where they are small in the corner. It looks like a whole village in Italy or something...!

I dont have a picture of the 4x5 available (i rented it)... but it's kind of like this:
http://classifieds.thestranger.com/photos/0de4636872d15884e3996050a6fac3c8/medium-1150842357-2.jpg

Lisa said...

wow! just gorgeous-
black and white was a perfect choice-
it would be interesting to see the difference between color and BW.....I'm sure it would be a bit distracting to the black and white-
Keep up the great work!
Lisa

Darla said...

I'm speachless! You absolutly did the right thing going with the black and white. WOW! Their album is going to ROCK!

Shot by Candy said...

Absolutely Beautiful Work Greg!!! I love the feel of these!!

jason groupp said...

Hey man! Haven't visited in a while, you have been busy!! Those shots are hot - I love the "old world" feel they have. I must get out there to shoot with you soon!

Tim Halberg said...

Dude... the Mission Inn has to be one of the most crazy places I've had the opportunity to shoot! Seriously, I had NO clue something like that existed in Riverside!!!

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Beautiful!

Chicago Wedding Photojournalist said...

That definately looks like old world mexico. I love the courtyard design of much of their architecture, and you used it well in these photos. The shot with all the guests is a fun one ++

Troy Schmidt said...

holy freak!!! Look at that location and LOOK at those portraits!!!! Sigh... I just want to be you when I grow up! ++

Jill Higgins said...

Wow, wow, wow! Those are rockin'!!! So romantic. I have to go look again - awesome! :)

Mike said...

Gorgeous shots! I can see why you picked black and white, but after seeing the staircase in color, I just have to believe this place abounds with color! Love the romantic kiss shot and the one through the archway. Your work is absolutely rockin' it!

Jan Garcia said...

Greg, awesome shots. The black and white just looks killer on all of those images. Truly dramatic. I just love the bride and her father walking down the aisle. I'd kill for a shot like that :) Maybe one of these days... Great stuff, Jan.

Lloyd said...

WOW WOW!
Those are awesome. I LOVE the black and white.. I have a soft spot for BW! Excellent images! You have done this beautiful location proud with your work! Awesome stuff!

Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Thanks for the cool comments! I'll try to post up a slideshow with more images. You guys ROCK for being so encouraging.

Davina said...

gorgeous! and such a old world feel! I love them. That last color one is just amazing!!! Your work is really wonderful. Love it, Greg!

Bruce said...

Awesome work!++ Great compositions, and the black & white conversions really make them unique, though I love the colors in the Rotunda shot.

Anonymous said...

You did an incredible job. It does look like they had
a romantic destination wedding. Who knew this existed in Riverside? You photographed it beautifully.
I love the angle of the group shot and the last colour
shot is so vibrant and gorgeous. I'm sure the couple
is thrilled, how could they not be? Beautiful.