September 27, 2007

Light Exploration, part I

We're into the sixth week of my wedding photography class in Cypress College already! Time flew by so fast - that's because we're having that much fun right?! My students' first hands-on photo shoot was a blast and we got to practice shooting in low light situations all over campus. Topic: Exploring Light. We walked around campus experimenting with low light situations, using video light, ambient light, and various background elements.

Here's a group shot taken (a la timer) by Romina:

10 comments:

John Martin said...

I was at the Brooks wedding last year and saw you in action. Boy do I wish I lived down there to take this class. Your students are lucky to have an instructor with such vision.

Faith B. said...

I remember that assignment! It was so much fun! I took the class when Yvette Galvan taught it (before she left to focus on her baby and studio). It looks like you are doing a good job filling her shoes.

Tim said...

Your students look real cool Greg and I hope to shoot with them one day. I know as I have been an apprentice of yours since March you have taught me a great deal and I only hope to constantly challenge myself to always look for the better shot, especially in low-light which I definitely need to work on. :)

Anonymous said...

you have a couple of hotties in your class!

; D

Bumatay said...

And who might 'anonymous' be?

ryan gomez said...

Greg, I would very much like to join your photo class. How do I get more information on the schedule and where is it held?

Bumatay said...

You can sign up for next semester at Cypress College!

James said...

haha thats too cool! but really, do I have to take a Portrait class first before taking this one? or is there any restrictions?

Marina said...

I can't thank you enough for sharing all your knowledge and expertise!
It's everything I could have asked for and MORE!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!

Manuel Angel said...

This teacher is amazing. He goes more than you expect and he continues helping his pupils after class.
Nice group I remember all my friends.
Thank You Greg for all your help.
See you soon.