October 22, 2007

Fall Semester Update

This semester is indeed flying by so fast - so far my wedding photography class has covered topics like creating a photo blog, history of wedding photography, photo equipment, understanding ISO, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, digital editing, various styles of wedding photography, using available light, posing, group photos, studio lighting, and an introduction to a digital workflow! I've assigned projects that explore different lighting situations.

Here's a slideshow created by one of my students, Lawrence Lau:

We've had a couple of excellent guest speakers. The first guest was Britney Alves, who came and shared her background and how she got into wedding photography. She also talked about the importance of differentiating yourself. She totally rocked with all her sample promo materials, presentation options, and custom albums! I'm just kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera to get some pictures.

Our second guest speaker was Miguel Pola who shared everything from how he books and interacts with his clients to how he customizes each wedding package. He was smart enough to bring his camera, so we got this cool group shot!

1 comment:

Tempting Weddings said...

great job, I bet your helping them a ton!